Lingo can save you over 50% off your traditional home phone service.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

'I made the right choice in acquiring a franchise' - Mallya

Vijay Mallya, the owner of the Bangalore Royal Challengers, has responded to the widespread criticism he received for his remark that his biggest mistake was to trust Rahul Dravid with team selection, by expressing support for his team.
"I have read all the reports in the media over [the last] few days with considerable dismay. Matters are not only being blown extravagantly out of proportion but my initial comments in response to Charu Sharma have been twisted and turned in a bizarre manner," Mallya said. "The Royal Challengers is my team and I have full confidence in them. Admittedly, there are issues on team composition and non-performance but I hope that I can enjoy the legitimate privacy of sorting out issues within my own squad."
He was confident the team would get over its performance in this IPL season and come back stronger in subsequent editions. "I continue to believe that I made the right choice in acquiring an IPL franchise which will create great value going forward," Mallya said. "I like winning but losing round one doesn't mean that I have lost the fight."
Mallya's public statement came a day after Anil Kumble, India's Test captain and a member of the Bangalore team, said it was time the "people who matter" understood what sport was all about. Mallya had publicly criticised the team leadership - Charu Sharma, the sacked chief executive, and captain, Dravid - for the selection of the squad, which has performed poorly in the IPL.

No comments:

PowWeb Hosting - Only $5.77 per month!
 
PicturesOnGold.com